HC Deb 01 April 1909 vol 3 c484

asked the President of the Board of Education whether he has yet arrived at any decision in conjunction with the India Office regarding the threatened dispersal of the Indian Museum; and, if not, whether he will, in making his decision, consider the commercial interests of Great Britain in that country, as well as the mere art point of view of the other collections at South Kensington?

The PRESIDENT of the BOARD of EDUCATION (Mr. Runciman)

I have undertaken to receive a deputation on this question next week, and I do not think it is advisable to make any statement at present.