HC Deb 25 March 1968 vol 761 c1078
Queen's Recommendation having been signified—
Motion made and Question,
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session relating to finance, it is expedient to authorise—
- (1) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase in the sums so payable under any other Act which is attributable to any provision of that Act of the present Session—
- (a) providing for relief from selective employment tax by way of the payment to employers of amounts not exceeding the amount of that tax paid by them; or
- (b) increasing the amount of that tax; or
- (c) increasing by 4d. per gallon the limit of the grants which may be made to operators of bus services under section 92 of the Finance Act 1965, and
- (2) the payment out of the Consolidated Fund of any additional sums which, by virtue of any agreement confirmed by that Act of the present Session, are payable from the Exchequer of the United Kingdom to the Exchequer of Northern Ireland under the agreement relating to social and allied services scheduled to the Social Services (Northern Ireland Agreement) Act 1949.—[Mr. Roy Jenkins.]
put forthwith pursuant to Standing Order 90(2) (Ways and Means Motions), and agreed to.
Bill ordered to be brought in upon the Resolutions relating to Ways and Means and Finance [Money], and the Orders relating to Procedure agreed to this day: to be brought in by The Chairman of Ways and Means, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Mr. John Diamond, and Mr. Harold Lever.