§ 3. "That—
- (i) there shall in addition to any other duties of customs be charged, in accordance with the provisions of this Resolution, on the importation into the United Kingdom of any goods to which this Resolution applies, such duties of customs as are hereinafter mentioned;
- (ii) the goods to which this Resolution shall apply shall be goods of any class or description to which the Board of Trade may by order apply the provisions for giving effect to this Resolution contained in any Act of the present Session, as being goods produced or manufactured in any foreign country which discriminates in respect of the importation into that country of goods produced or manufactured in the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man), the Channel Islands, any colony or any territory which is under His Majesty's protection or in respect of which a mandate is being exercised by the Government of the United Kingdom, as against the United Kingdom (including the Isle of Man), the Channel Islands, that colony or that territory;
- (iii) The duties to be charged by virtue of any such order as aforesaid in respect of any goods—
- (a) shall be such duties as may be specified in the order not exceeding one hundred per cent. of the value of the goods; and
- (b) may be charged by reference to value, to weight, to measurement, or to quantity, as may be provided in the order."