HC Deb 11 March 1908 vol 185 c1515
MR. HICKS BEACH (Gloucestershire, Tewkesbury)

To ask the Secretary of State for War whether officers of a disbanded Militia battalion will be given any grant towards the purchase of a new uniform if they elect to join any branch of the Territorial Army instead of the special Reserve.

(Answered by Mr. Secretary Haldane.) Officers joining the Territorial force from the Militia whose transfer necessitates a change of uniform will be eligible for a grant to cover the actual expenditure for purchase or alteration of uniform not exceeding £20 in all.