HC Deb 02 April 1908 vol 187 cc660-1
MR. SEAVERNS (Lambeth, Brixton)

To ask the Secretary of State for War whether a Volunteer, being a member of a battalion which has been either disbanded or amalgamated under the new scheme, may join a regiment other than the one with which his old corps has been amalgamated, and retain his rank and seniority, should the commanding officer of such regiment be prepared to accept him on those terms.

(Answered by Mr. Secretary Haldane.) The regulations permitting such Volunteers to join other units and retain their rank on transfer are set forth in paragraphs 80 and 81, Part I., of the Special Army Order of 18th March (Scheme for the transfer, etc.). The question of seniority is left to the commanding officer and association to decide. In case of a difference of opinion the officer commanding the brigade will decide.