HC Deb 02 April 1908 vol 187 c705
MR. A. J. BALFOUR (City of London)

I beg to ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer in regard to the business of next week. I understand the first three days are to be devoted to the Licensing Bill, and I would suggest to the right hon. Gentleman not to come to any decision as to taking Supply on Thursday next until he sees what is the desire of Members on both sides of the House in regard to the prolongation of the debate.


I think the request of the right hon. Gentleman a perfectly reasonable one, and we will wait to see what is the general state of opinion in the House on the matter.