HC Deb 13 November 1906 vol 164 c1293
MR. HARMOOD-BANNER (Liverpool, Everton)

I beg to ask the hon. Member for South Somerset, as representing the President of the Board of Agriculture, what compensation will be. paid to the tenants of Crown agricultural Lands, especially the widows, on whom notice to quit has been served upon the termination of their tenancy; and whether compensation will be assessed on the basis of the Land Tenure Bill.

SIR EDWARD STRACHEY (Somersetshire, S.)

The compensation payable to any outgoing tenants on the Crown Lands will be the amount to which they are entitled by the law which is in force at the time of quitting their holdings. The Answer to the latter part of the Question depends on whether the Land Tenure Bill has or has not become law at that time.