§ LORD CHARLES BERESFORD (Woolwich)
To ask the Secretary to the Admiralty if he will state the number and nature of Committees now sitting to inquire into matters concerning the Royal Navy.
(Answer.) Apart from mere Departmental and Standing Committees, the following are the Committees now sitting to inquire into matters concerning the Royal Navy:—
- 1. Patent Fuel Committee.
- 2. Boiler Committee.
- 3. The Committee under the presidency of Admiral Sir Charles Fane, to consider the organisation and work in the Department of the Director of Naval Construction and the Engineer-in-Chief.
- 4. The Committee on Naval Reserves, presided over by the hon. Baronet the Member for Northumberland, Berwick.
- 5. The Joint Admiralty and War Office Committee, to consider the Amendment of the Transport Regulations in respect of Victualling.
- 6. The Committee on Subsidised Cruisers, presided over by the Earl of Camperdown.
- 7. The Committee dealing with the electrical outfit of His Majesty's ships.
- 8. The Committee to inquire into the design of the "Cobra."—(Admiralty.)