HC Deb 03 July 1902 vol 110 c685
SIR JAMES RANKIN (Herefordshire, Leominster)

To ask the Secretary of State for War whether an officer or private of the Infantry Volunteers, who had been unable to attend the ton drills necessary to qualify him to attend camp and earn the camp allowance, is permitted to attend camp at the expense of the corps in order to put in the number of drills necessary for efficiency and the earning of the annual grant.

(Answer.) Any infantry volunteer who has not completed his ten drills at the time his own corps goes into camp can qualify later in the year for camp and efficiency allowances by attending before 30th September—(a) a provisional camp; (b) with a regular unit; (c) the camp of another volunteer unit. Any cases not so met can be represented by the general officer commanding for the consideration of the Secretary of State for War.—(War Office.)