HC Deb 16 May 1901 vol 94 c266

On behalf of the hon. Member for the St. Patrick Division of Dublin I beg to ask the Chief Secretary to the Lord Lieutenant of Ireland whether the site allotted by the Commissioners for the erection of the building of the Science and Art Department in Dublin is still available, and whether he can explain the delay in commencing the building.


The site selected is still available. Provision is made in the Estimates for the current year in respect of the preliminary measures towards the erection of the new college. The report of the committee on the requirements of the college is now before the Board of Works, who will proceed to work out a scheme with all due speed. There are some difficulties of a practical nature which will prevent operations from proceeding very rapidly.