§ 1 (1) A person to whom this paragraph applies shall not be eligible for support or assistance under—
- (a) section 21 or 29 of the National Assistance Act 1948 (c. 29) (local authority: accommodation and welfare),
- (b) section 45 of the Health Services and Public Health Act 1968 (c. 46) (local authority: welfare of elderly),
- (c) section 12 or 13A of the Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968 (c. 49) (social welfare services),
- (d) Article 15 of the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order (S.I. 1972/1265 (N.I. 14)) (general social welfare),
- (e) section 21 of and Schedule 8 to the National Health Service Act 1977 (c. 49) (social services),
- (f) section 17, 23C, 24A or 24B of the Children Act 1989 (c. 41) (welfare and other powers which can be exercised in relation to adults),
- (g) section 29 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 (c. 36) (after-care),
- (h) section 2 of the Local Government Act 2000 (c. 22) (promotion of well-being),
- (i) a provision of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (c. 33), or
- (j) a provision of this Act.
§ (2) A power or duty under a provision referred to in sub-paragraph (1) may not be exercised or performed in respect of a person to whom this paragraph applies (whether or not the person has previously been in receipt of support or assistance under the provision).892
§ (3) An approval or directions given under or in relation to a provision referred to in sub-paragraph (1) shall be taken to be subject to sub-paragraph (2).