HC Deb 04 April 2001 vol 366 c338
- 1.—(1) On the Elections Bill, proceedings on Second Reading, in Committee and on Consideration and Third Reading shall be completed at today's sitting.
- (2) Proceedings on Second Reading and in Committee shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion at nine o'clock.
- (3) Proceedings on Consideration and Third Reading shall, if not previously concluded, be brought to a conclusion at ten o'clock.
- 2.—(1) When the Bill has been read a second time—
- (a) it shall, notwithstanding Standing Order No. 63 (Committal of bills), stand committed to a Committee of the whole House without any Question being put;
- (b) proceedings on the Bill shall stand postponed while the Question is put, in accordance with Standing Order No. 52(1) (Money resolutions and ways and means resolutions in connection with bills), on any financial resolution relating to the Bill;
- (c) on the conclusion of proceedings on any financial resolution relating to the Bill, proceedings on the Bill shall be resumed and the Speaker shall leave the Chair whether or not notice of an Instruction has been given.
- (2) On the conclusion of proceedings in Committee the Chairman shall report the Bill to the House without putting any Question; and if he reports the Bill with Amendments, the House shall proceed to consider the Bill as amended without any Question being put.