§ 11.—(1) The following provisions of this Part apply where a landlord has made a relevant disposal affecting premises to which at the time of the disposal this Part applied ("the original disposal"), and either—
- (a) no notice was served by the landlord under section 5 with respect to that disposal, or
- (b) the disposal was made in contravention of any provision of sections 6 to 10, and the premises are still premises to which this Part applies.
§ (2) In those circumstances the requisite majority of the qualifying tenants of the flats contained in the premises affected by the relevant disposal (the "constituent flats") have the rights conferred by the following provisions—
- section 11A (right to information as to terms of disposal, &c.),
- section 12A (right of qualifying tenants to take benefit of contract),
- section 12B (right of qualifying tenants to compel sale, &c. by purchaser), and
- section 12C (right of qualifying tenants to compel grant of new tenancy by superior landlord).
§ (3) In those sections the transferee under the original disposal (or, in the case of the surrender of a tenancy, the superior landlord) is referred to as "the purchaser".
§ This shall not be read as restricting the operation of those provisions to disposals for consideration.