HC Deb 30 April 1973 vol 855 cc859-60
Queen's recommendation having been signified—
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the provisions of the National Insurance Acts 1965 to 1972, the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Acts 1965 to 1972 and the Industrial Injuries and Diseases (Old Cases) Acts 1967 to 1972; to make further provision in relation to polygamous marriages for the purposes of any of those Acts and of the Family Allowances Act 1965; to amend Schedule 2 to the Ministry of Social Security Act 1966; to make parallel provision for Northern Ireland; and for purposes connected with those matters, it
is expedient to authorise the following payments out of money provided by Parliament—
- (1) Such additional payments as result from—
- (a) raising to £6.20 and £4.15 the rates of attendance allowance.
- (b) raising to £4.65 and £2.85 the rates of retirement pension payable by virtue of section l(l)(a) or (b) of the National Insurance Act 1970 or section 5 of the National Insurance Act 1971
(2) In connection with the increase of contributions under section 3 (flat rate contributions) of the National Insurance Act 1965 or under section 2(l)(a) of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act 1965, the payment of any resulting increase in the sums payable by way of Exchequer supplement under section 7 of the National Insurance Act 1965 or section 2(1)(b) of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act 1965.
(3) The payment to the National Insurance Fund, in addition to the Exchequer supplements under the National Insurance Act 1965, in respect of each financial year after the year 1973–74 of the sum of £275 million, instead of the amounts required by section 3(3) of the National Insurance Act 1972.
(4) Subject to the provision made by section 85 of the National Insurance Act 1965 for reimbursement out of the National Insurance Fund, or by section 61 of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act1965, for reimbursement out of the Industrial Injuries Fund, the payment of any increase attributable to the Act of the present Session in the expenses of the Secretary of State for Social Services or any other Government department which are so payable under either of those sections (any reference in this paragraph to section 61 of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act 1965 being taken to include that section as applied by section 13 of the Industrial Injuries and Diseases (Old Cases) Act 1967).
(5) Any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in the sums so payable under the Supplementary Benefit Acts 1966 and 1971.
- or from raising the weekly rates of the increases of those benefits (where payable) for children or adult dependants.
And that it is expedient to authorise any payment into the Consolidated Fund which is attributable to the said Act.—[Mr. Dean.]