HC Deb 19 June 1972 vol 839 c21
25. Mr. Ellis

asked the Secretary of State for Wales if he will seek to introduce legislation to provide that in Wales planning permission must be obtained for the erection of new buildings or for the use of existing bulidings to manufacture silage.

Mr. Gibson-Watt

Planning permission is required except where proposals are permitted by the Town and Country Planning General Development Order, 1963, as amended. The scope of this exception is being considered as part of the current review of the order.

Mr. Ellis

Is the hon. Gentleman aware of the increasing nuisance caused to many of my constituents through the manufacture of silage by modern farm methods over which they have no control? Will he look into the matter to see whether effective control procedures can be introduced?

Mr. Gibson-Watt

Suggestions have been made by various bodies for amendment of the General Development Order provisions. Particular attention is being paid to suggestions that farm buildings should not be erected within a prescribed distance of any dwelling other than one occupied in connection with the holding.

Forward to