HC Deb 22 February 1966 vol 725 cc355-8
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make further provision for the giving of financial assistance towards the provision of houses in Scotland, and for matters connected with the aforesaid matters it is expedient to authorise—
- (1) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (a) of subsidies in respect of houses, or of the cost of houses or of the cost of sites of houses, approved by the Secretary of State and provided by—
- (i) a local authority, or
- (ii) a development corporation, in pursuance of authorised arrangements made with a local authority or otherwise, or
- (iii) a housing association in pursuance of arrangements made with a local authority or with the Secretary of State, or
- (iv) the Scottish Special Housing Association; and
- (b) of sums in lieu of subsidies which have ceased to be payable on the transfer or lease of any houses, hostels or other land;
- (2) the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase attributable to the said Act of this Session in the amounts payable—
- (a) under section 89 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1950; and
- (b) by reason of the amendment of Schedules 1 and 2 to the Housing (Scotland) Act 1962;
- (3) such increases in the sums which may be issued out of the consolidated fund, raised by borrowing, or paid or repaid into the Exchequer, as may result from increasing to £145 million (or such greater sum, not exceeding £170 million, as the Secretary of State may by order specify) the limit imposed on the aggregate amount of advances which may be made to the Scottish Special Housing Association under proviso (i) to section 18(1) of the said Act of 1962, and such in creases as may thus result in any sums pay able under section 1 or 19 of the said Act out of moneys provided by Parliament.
Resolution agreed to.