HC Deb 20 December 1966 vol 738 cc1376-7
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to make provision with respect to financial assistance towards the provision, acquisition or improvement of dwellings and the provision of hostels, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (1) of subsidies in respect of dwellings in England and Wales completed on or after 25th November, 1965, or the sites of such dwellings, or in respect of the cost of such dwellings, being dwellings approved for the purposes of that Act by the Minister of Housing and Local Government or the Secretary of State for Wales and provided by—
- (a) a local authority; or
- (b) a development corporation or the Commission for the New Towns; or
- (c) a housing association in pursuance of arrangements made with a local authority or with the said Minister or Secretary of State;
- (2) of advances to local authorities on account of such subsidies as aforesaid which may become payable in respect of the sites of dwellings provided by them;
- (3) of sums in lieu of subsidies which have ceased to be payable on the transfer or letting of any dwellings or other land;
- (4) of any increase attributable to the said Act in the amounts payable out of moneys so provided under section 15 of the Housing (Financial Provisions) Act 1958;
- (5) of any increase attributable to the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable out of moneys so provided by way of Rate-deficiency grant or Exchequer equalisation grant under the enactments relating to local government in England and Wales or in Scotland or by way of rate support grants to local authorities in England and Wales;
- (6) of subsidies in respect of the provision, acquisition or improvement of dwellings in Great Brtain given by way of payments to the lender towards the amounts due in respect of loans made on the security of an interest in land by local authorities, insurance companies, building societies, friendly societies, development corporations, the Commission for the New Towns, the Housing Corporation, the said Minister or Secretary of State or the Secretary of State for Scotland for the purpose of the provision, acquisition or improvement of dwellines on that land.
Resolution agreed to.