HC Deb 17 November 1964 vol 702 cc397-8
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to provide for the establishment of a public authority with functions including the operation of aerodromes, it is expedient to authorise—
- A. The payment out of the Consolidated Fund of
- (1) any sums required by the Minister of Aviation for the purpose of making loans to the authority, but so that the aggregate amount outstanding in respect of principal of those loans and of any money borrowed temporarily by the authority does not, together with the commencing capital debt
assumed by the authority under the said Act, exceed seventy million pounds;
- (2) any sums required to fulfil any guarantee by the Treasury of the repayment of, or payment of interest on, any money temporarily borrowed by the authority.
- B. The payment out of moneys provided by Parliament—
- (a) of any expenditure incurred by the Minister of Health or Secretary of State for preventing danger to public health from aircraft arriving at any aerodrome managed by the authority or for preventing the spread of infection by means of any aircraft leaving any such aerodrome;
- (b) of any expenditure incurred by the Minister of Transport or Secretary of State in the exercise of powers under section 28 of the Civil Aviation Act 1949 as applied by the said Act of the present Session.
- C. The borrowing in any manner authorised under the National Loans Act 1939 of any money needed for providing or replacing any sum required by the Minister of Aviation for the purpose of making loans to the authority.
- D. The payment of any sums into the Exchequer.
Resolution agreed to.