Amendments made: In page 198, line 17, at end insert:
18.—(1) In the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act, 1960—
§ (2) Subject to sub-paragraphs (3) and (4) of this paragraph, where in the case of any land in the area of the existing county of London a licence granted with or without conditions under section 22 of the London County Council (General Powers) Act, 1959, was in force in relation to that land immediately before 1st April, 1965, then—
- (a) until the expiration of the period of two months beginning with the date when that licence would have expired if this Act had not been passed, and
- (b) if by the expiration of that period the occupier of that land has duly made an application for a site licence in respect of that land under the said Part I, but that site licence has not yet been issued, until the date when such a site licence is first issued in respect of that land,
§ (3) Where in the case of any such land as aforesaid no occupier thereof at any time since the grant of the licence under the said section 22 has been entitled to the benefit of a permission for the use of the land as a caravan site granted under Part III of the Town and Country Planning Act of 1947 or of 1962 otherwise than by a development 350 order, paragraph (b) of the last foregoing subparagraph shall not apply to that land but—
- (a) if before the expiration of the period referred to in paragraph (a) of that subparagraph the occupier of the land duly makes an application for a site licence in respect of that land under the said Part I, then, so long as the conditions, if any, attached to the licence under the said section 22 are complied with, no offence shall be committed under section 1 of the said Act of 1960 in respect of the land at any time after the expiration of that period and before such a licence is first issued in respect of the land; and
- (b) section 17 of the said Act of 1960 shall apply to that land as if the land were an existing site within the meaning of that Act and as if any reference in that section to the commencement of that Act were a reference to the date referred to in the said paragraph (a).
§ (4) Where in the case of any such land as aforesaid such permission as aforesaid for the use of that land as a caravan site has been granted in terms such that it will expire at the end of a specified period, nothing in subparagraph (2) of this paragraph shall cause any licence in respect of that land under the said section 22 to continue in force after the end of that period.
§ (5) In this paragraph, the expressions "caravan site" and "occupier" have the meanings respectively assigned by section 1 of the said Act of 1960.—[Sir K. Joseph.]
§ In page 198, line 39, after "1962", insert:
- (a) in section 46 (8) (a), for the words "London County Council, the council of any metropolitan borough," there shall be substituted the words "Greater London Council, the council of any London borough";
§ In page 199, leave out lines 18 and 19 and insert:
- (b) in the Metropolitan Streets Act 1867, sections 10 to 16 and 18;—[Mr. Hay.]