§ 20. Mr. Ainsley
asked the President of the Board of Trade if he will list and name the 16 new industrial buildings and extensions which have been provided in the Durham, North-West, constituency between 1st January, 1950, and 31st October, 1960.
§ Mr. Ainsley
Is the Minister aware that a local newspaper report yesterday confirmed that another colliery is to close, affecting 700 men? Does he not realise that the remaining industry in the area—the manufacture of cosmetics and the making of ladies' gloves, underwear and dresses—is not suitable employment for ex-miners or quarrymen? Will the hon. Gentleman inform his hon. Friend the Member for Kidderminster (Mr. Nabarro) that the responsibility is that of the Government and not of Alfred Robens?
§ Following is the list:
- I. & R. Morley, Ltd., Extension at Langley Moor.
- I. & R. Morley, Ltd., New building at Lanchester.
- I. & R. Morley, Ltd., Second extension at Langley Moor.
- Marshall Richards Machine Company Limited. Extension at Crook.
- R. C. Lang & Company, Extension at Lanchester.
- Wolsingham Steel Company, Limited, Two extensions at Weardale.
- National Coal Board, Extension at Crook.
- A. J. Siris, Products, Limited, Three extensions at Lanchester.
- Ramar Dresses Limited, Extension at Crook.
- S. G. & R. Chessey, New building at Brandon and Byshottles.
- Wm. Neesham, Limited, Extension at Brandon and Byshottles.
- Light Fabrications Limited, New building at Lanchester.
- Geo. Blair & Company, Limited, Extension at Tow Law.