§ 6.0 p.m.
§ Whereupon, The GENTLEMAN-USHER OF THE BLACK ROD being come with a Message, The CHAIRMAN left the Chair.
§ Mr. SPEAKER resumed the Chair.
§ Message to attend the Lords Com missioners:
§ The House went:— and, having returned;
§ Mr. SPEAKER reported the Royal Assent to:
- 1. Navy, Army and Air Force Reserves Act, 1959.
- 2. European Monetary Agreement Act, 1959.
- 3. Agriculture (Small Farmers) Act, 1959.
- 4. Marriage (Secretaries of Synagogues) Act, 1959.
- 5. Malta (Letters Patent) Act, 1959.
§ The Secretary of State for the Home Department and Lord Privy Seal (Mr. R. A. Butler)
On a point of order. Before you leave the Chair, Mr. Speaker, I should like your indulgence to inform the House that the Prime Minister hopes to make a statement on Cyprus at 7 o'clock.