HC Deb 17 May 1956 vol 552 cc2368-9
That, for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to increase the rate of certain allowances under the Family Allowances Acts, 1945 and 1952, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parlia-merit—
- A. of any increase in the sums payable out of moneys so provided under section one of the Family Allowances Act, 1945, which is attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session
- (a) increasing by two shillings the weekly rate of the allowance payable in respect of each child of a family other than the two eldest;
- (b) providing that a person shall be treated a a child for the purposes of the said Act of 1945 during any period before he or she attains the age of eighteen years whilst he or she is undergoing full-time instruction in a school or is an apprentice or during any period whilst he or she is under the age of sixteen years and is incapacitated by illness or disability of mind or body both for attendance at a school and for employment;
- (c) validating certain marriages for the purposes of family allowances;
- (d) making provision with respect to reciprocal arrangements with other countries in connection with family allowances;
- (e) authorising a person who has been committed by an order of any court under the Children and Young Persons Act, 1933, or the Children and Young Persons (Scotland) Act, 1937, to the care of a local authority to be treated in certain circumstances as included in a family for the purposes of family allowances;
- B. of any increase attributable to any provision of the said Act of the present Session in the sums payable out of moneys so provided under section twenty of the Family Allowances Act, 1945, subsection (1) of section sixty of the National Insurance (Industrial Injuries) Act, 1946, or subsection (1) of section thirty-eight of the National Insurance Act, 1946.
Resolution agreed to.