HC Deb 03 April 1951 vol 486 cc3-4
2. Mr. Walker-Smith

asked the Minister of Works how far there is uniformity in respect of the form of building contract used in connection with work for the various Government Departments.

Mr. Stokes

All the principal Government Departments placing building contracts use the standard General Conditions of Government contracts for Building Works (Forms CCC/Wks/1 or 2).

Mr. Walker-Smith

Is it possible in any cases, if it is so desired by the contractor, for the standard form issued by the Royal Institute of British Architects to be used in this type of work?

Mr. Stokes

No. We could not adopt that without considerable alteration.