§ 33. Mr. Kenneth Lindsay
asked the Minister of Education the names of the delegates, alternative delegates and advisers who are attending the third general conference of U.N.E.S.C.O. shortly to be held at Beirut.
§ Following is the information:
- Mr. David Hardman, M.P., Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Education.
- Sir Ronald Adam, Bt., G.C.B., D.S.O, C.B.E., Chairman, British Council.
- His Excellency Mr. W. E. Houstoun-Boswall,C.M.G., His Majesty's Minister at Beirut.
- Sir Harold Spencer Jones, F.R.S., The Astronomer Royal.
- Sir John Maud, K.C.B., C.B.E., Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education.
- Dr. W. P. Alexander, M.A., B.Sc., Secretary, Association of Education Committees.
- Mr. Ronald Gould, M.A., General Secretary, National Union of Teachers.
- Mr. Alan Moorehead, O.B.E., Foreign Correspondent "The Observer."
- Dr. Joseph Needham, F.R.S., Reader in Biochemistry in University of Cambridge, Honorary Scientific Adviser to U.N.E.S.C.O.
- Mr. Ronald Syme, F.B.A.. Fellow of Trinity College, Oxford.
§ EXPERTS AND ADVISERS
- Sir Leigh Ashton, Director, Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Dr. J. G. M. Allcock, His Majesty's Inspector of Schools, Ministry of Education.
- Mr. F. R. Cowell, Ministry of Education.
- Mr. W. F. Crawford, Scientific Officer, British Middle East Office, Cairo.
- Miss J. Lawson, F.E.I.S., Educational Institute of Scotland.
- The Rev. T. T. Solaru, B.D., Formerly of Wesley College, Ibadau, Nigeria.
- Mr. B. B. Thomas, Permanent Secretary of Welsh Department, Ministry of Education.
- Mr. W. E. F. Ward, C.M.G., Educational Adviser, Colonial Office.
- Mr. P. B. Fraser, Conference Officer, Foreign Office.
- Mr. W. D. Pile, Ministry of Education; Secretary to Delegation.