§ 43. Mr. Daggar
asked the Minister of Labour whether he has any further information about the Committee on the Resettlement of Disabled Persons in the South Wales and Monmouthshire Development Area, to which he referred in answer to a Question on 13th July last.
§ The Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Labour (Mr. Ness Edwards)
Yes, Sir. I am now able to announce the names of the members of the Committee and, with the hon. Member's permission, I will circulate them in the OFFICIAL REPORT.
§ Following are the names:
§ Chairman: Mr. R. J. Humphreys, C.B.E.. Ministry of Labour and National Service, Dominions House, Queen Street, Cardiff.
§ Chairmen of Disablement Advisory Committees:
- Bridgend—Major Clifford S. Woodward. J.P., Laleston Cottage, Bridgend.
- Aberdare—Mr. J. W. Grant, 14, Richmond Road, Mountain Ash.
- Ammanford—Mr. E. C. Rees, Windy Ridge. Forest, Pontardulais.
- Tony pandy—Mr. Arthur W. Mayne, "Lyn-wood," Llwynypia, Rhondda.
- Swansea—Mr. C. J. Cellan-Jones, M.D., F.R.C.S., The Knoll, Uplands, Swansea.
- Newport—Mr. W. L. Victor Harding, "St.Audries," Malpas, Newport.
- Cardiff—Councillor William Jeffcott. 20. Grove Place, Penarth.
§ Industrial representatives:
- Mr. Cyril Rosser, Divisional Organiser, Amalgamated Engineering Union, 20, Pembroke Terrace, Cardiff.
- Mr. William Arthur, National Union of Mineworkers, 2, St. Andrew's Crescent, Cardiff.
- Mr. T. R. Martin, Metal Box Limited, Neath.
- Mr. Gomer Evans, Divisional Labour Director, National Coal Board, Institute of Engineers, Park Place, Cardiff.
§ Representatives of other interests:
- National Advisory Council—Mr. W. H. Crews, Bradford Street, Caerphilly.
- Maes-yr-haf Settlement—Mr. F. B. Naylor, Maes-yr-haf Educational Settlement, Trealaw, Glam.
- British Legion—Captain Nelson M. Price, O.B.E., J.P., "Cilfoden," Pant, Dowlais.
§ Other persons to be invited to attend meetings:
- Mr. David Badham, Troedyrhiw Farm Ystrad Mynach, a Director of the Disabled Persons Employment Corporation, Limited.
- Mr. W. R. Morgan, Executive Officer, Disabled Persons Employment Corporation Limited, 24, Windsor Place, Cardiff.