HC Deb 13 July 1948 vol 453 cc998-9
31. Mr. Erroll

asked the Minister of Town and Country Planning from whom should the appropriate claim form be obtained when making an application for compensation for loss of development rights under the Town and Country Planning Act, 1947.

Mr. Silkin

The claim form, known as S. 1, may, except in the London County Council area, be obtained from the office of any county council or borough, urban district or rural district council. In the London County Council area it may be obtained from County Hall, or, in the City of London from the Town Clerk's Office. It is also available at the various offices of the Central Land Board.

Mr. Erroll

Are supplies available yet at all these places?

Mr. Silkin

So far as I know, yes, Sir.

Brigadier Medlicott

In view of the way in which people have been penalised under the War Damage Acts by failure to observe the time limits, will the right hon. Gentleman ensure that before this time limit is reached the greatest attention will be paid to the publicising of the date, either by broadcasting or by other means, so that further difficulties will not be created?

Mr. Silkin

Without commenting on the question of the War Damage Commission, I can only say that everything we possibly can do to bring this to the notice of the public is being done and will be done.