HC Deb 09 June 1943 vol 390 cc729-30
That for the purposes of any Act of the present Session to amend the law with respect to the treatment of capital assets and superannuation payments for the purpose of determination of needs and with respect to supplementary pensions and to amend the Old Age Pensions Act, 1936, it is expedient to authorise the payment out of moneys provided by Parliament of any increase in the sums payable out of such moneys under or by virtue of Part II of the Unemployment Act, 1934 (as amended by the Determination of Needs Act, 1941), the, Old Age Pensions Act, 1936, or Part II of the Old Age and Widows' Pensions Act, 1940, which is attributable to the passing of the provisions of the said Act of the present Session relating to—
- (a) the manner in which money and investments treated as capital assets are to be treated under sub-paragraph (ii) of paragraph (d) of Sub-section (3) of Section thirty-eight of the Unemployment Act, 1934, or under that sub-paragraph as applied by Section ten of the Old Age and Widows' Pensions Act, 5940;
- (b) the manner in which superannuation payments are to be treated under paragraph
(f) of the said Sub-section (3) as applied by the said Section ten;
- (c) the payment of supplementary pensions to widows to whom an additional allowance in respect of a child is payable as part of a widow's pension, and the continuance of such supplementary pensions after the said allowance ceases to be so payable;
- (d) additions to a person's supplementary pension in respect of periods after an old age or widow's pension began to accrue to that person but before the person becomes entitled to receive weekly payments on account thereof;
- (e)the calculation of the means of a blind person or the husband or wife of a blind person, under the Old Age Pensions Act, 1936;
- (f) the amendment of the last-mentioned Act in connection with the making of reciprocal arrangements thereunder with the Isle of Man."
Resolution agreed to.