HC Deb 30 June 1942 vol 381 cc7-8
13. Mr. Donald Scott

asked the Minister of Fuel and Power the correct method to be followed by those who wish to appeal against a decision by an area petroleum officer in respect of an issue of petrol coupons?

Major Lloyd George

A motorist should address any appeal in the first instance to the Divisional Petroleum Officer. If he still feels unable to accept the award of that officer, he should address a further appeal to him with the request that it should be submitted to higher authority. Such an appeal should only be made if the motorist is genuinely satisfied that he cannot, even at personal inconvenience, cover essential needs on the petrol allowance granted by the Divisional Office.