§ 35. Mr. ATTLEE
asked the Postmaster-General whether he is yet in a position to make any statement on the subject of the setting up of a committee to consider the future of broadcasting after the expiration of the present charter?
§ Sir K. WOOD
I have set up a Committee with the following terms of reference:To consider the constitution, control and finance of the Broadcasting Service in this country and advise generally on the conditions under which the service, including broadcasting to the Empire, television broadcasting and the system of wireless exchanges, should be conducted after the 31st December, 1936
§ The Committee will be constituted as follows:
- The Rt. Hon. Viscount Ullswater, G. C. B. (Chairman).
- The hon. Member for Dover (Major the Hon. J. J. Astor).
- The hon. Member for Limehouse (Mr. C. R. Attlee).
- The hon. Member for Montgomery (Mr. E. C. Davies, K. C.)
- Lord Elton.
- Sir William McLintock, Bt., G.B.E., C.V.O.
- The Marchioness of Reading.
- The Rt. Hon. Lord Selsdon, K.B.E.
- The hon. Member for East Birkenhead (Mr. H. Graham White).
- The Secretary of the Committee will be:—
- Mr. H. G. G. Welch of the General Post Office.