HC Deb 24 February 1927 vol 202 c1880

asked the Minister of Pensions if he has issued instructions that when the condition and circumstances of need pensioners are being revised they are to be called up for medical examination by the Ministry, or is the certificate of a qualified medical practitioner still accepted as valid evidence?


No general instruction to the effect suggested has been issued. A certificate from the pensioner's own doctor is taken as evidence in support of a claim, but if, as necessarily happens in some cases, this evidence is not sufficient to enable the Ministry to determine the claim, an examination by a medical officer of the Ministry is directed.