HC Deb 28 October 1919 vol 120 c473
69. Captain HACKING

asked the Pensions Minister whether he will consider making a small grant from the Special Grants Committee funds or other source towards the occasional railway fare of a wife or widowed mother in poor circumstances in order to allow her to visit her husband or son who is an in-patient undergoing institutional treatment in a home some distance away from his own home?


Assistance cannot generally be given to relatives to enable them to visit discharged men in hospitals; but, in the event of a patient's condition becoming critical, the nearest relative will be paid travelling expenses on application to his or her local war pensions committee. I am sending my hon. and gallant Friend a copy of the Circular dealing with this subject.

Forward to