HC Deb 19 February 1918 vol 103 cc618-9
77. Mr. HOWARD

asked whether Members of Parliament residing in districts outside London and the home counties and those on service abroad will be provided with food and meat cards to enable them to obtain meals in London when attending this House?


Any person resident outside the London and home counties who conies into that area will be able during the first four days of his stay to obtain butter and margarine at restaurants, clubs, and hotels without formality, and meat meals on producing his National Registration Card and signing a declaration If the stay is longer than four days it will be necessary for him to take out an emergency card for butter and margarine and meat for the period of the visit in order to obtain such meals. An emergency card must in all cases be taken out if it is desired to buy butter and margarine or meat from retailers. Members of Parliament on service abroad will be in the same position.

Back to