HC Deb 01 June 1916 vol 82 c2912
108. Mr. BLISS

asked the Under-Secretary of State for War whether an officer relinquishing his commission in the Army, with the consent of the War Office, in order to join the Royal Naval Flying Corps in response to the call for qualified men, is entitled to receive the gratuity provided in Article 497 in the Army Regulations for the period they have served in the Army?


Yes, Sir; if the officer would be entitled to the gratuity under ordinary circumstances, and the transfer is made in the interests of the public service.