§ CAPTAIN CRAIG (Down, E.)
I beg to ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department whether the Government intends to drop the Coal Mines (Eight Hours) Bill; and, if not, will he issue a Memorandum explaining that it will not raise the price of coal, in view of the difficulties experienced by traders in contracting for future delivery.
§ MR. GLADSTONE
The Government has no intention of dropping the Bill. As regards the second part of the Question, I must refer the hon. Member to my printed Answer given to the hon. Member for Merthyr Tydfil on the 14th April.
§ MR. WATT (Glasgow, College)
Is it the fact that only 25 per cent. of the miners will be affected by this Bill, the remaining 75 per cent. having already got eight hours?