HC Deb 12 June 1907 vol 175 c1405

I beg to ask the Secretary of State for War whether he proposes to make any, and, if so, what, provisions in the case of members of the existing Volunteer forces with many years service, who, being unable to comply with the terms of enlistment in the proposed Territorial Army, or who may be ineligible for such enlistment under any new conditions about to be imposed, are thereby, and without any fault of their own, deprived of the opportunity hitherto held out to them of obtaining in the case of officers the long service decoration, and in the case of men a long service medal.


This matter is not being lost sight of and, while I am not at present in a position to make any definite statement on the subject, I can assure the noble Lord that every consideration will be shown to the cases to which he refers.


When may an Answer be expected?


I cannot give a definite day.

Forward to