§ MR. TULLY (Leitrim, S.)
To ask the Chief Secretary to the Lord-Lieutenant of Ireland whether the Estates Commissioners can explain why no clause was inserted in the trust deed for turbary trustees on the King-Harman Estate providing that the deed should be open at all reasonable times for inspection by the tenants interested and their legal advisers and representatives; who was responsible for this omission; and whether, in similar turbary trust deeds in future, an omission of this nature will be provided against by the officials of the Land Commission.
(Answered by Mr. Walter Long.) The lands vested in the turbary trustees will, in due course, be registered under the Local Registration of Title (Ireland) Act, 1891, and the conditions under which the lands are held by the trustees will be set out on the register in the office of the Clerk of the Crown and Peace, and also on the register in the Central Office in Dublin, which registers can be inspected at a nominal charge (1s.) by any person interested. The scheme was prepared by the Estates Commissioners, and approved by the Lord-Lieutenant under Section 20 of the Irish Land Act, 1903, and is lodged in the Record Department of the Irish Land Commission, where also it can be inspected by any interested party, or copies can, on application to the Land Commission, be obtained on payment of the usual scrivenery charges. In these circumstances, it was not considered necessary to insert any clause to the effect suggested.