HC Deb 20 July 1905 vol 149 c1399
MR. CLANCY (Dublin County, N.)

I beg to ask the Chief Secretary to the Lord-Lieutenant of Ireland, with reference to the Bill for the Relief of Afflicted Children in that country, whether the contribution to be made out of moneys voted by Parliament is to be charged on the Development Fund Grant, or out of the usual grant for national education, or whether it is, as it has been in England and Scotland since the year 1893, a special and separate grant out of voted moneys.


The provision to be made for this service will not be charged on the Development Grant, but in the annual Estimates. If the Bill passes in its present form, as I hope it we11, the Estimate for Public Education will bear the charge.


Is it to come out of the education grant?


No, it will be an addition to the existing provision.