HC Deb 11 July 1905 vol 149 c269
MR. CROMBIE (Kincardineshire)

I beg ta ask the First Lord of the Treasury if and when he intends to appoint a Parliamentary Committee to inquire into the best method of giving consideration to the claims for increased remuneration of Civil servants without danger of political pressure being applied to Members.


This is a very important matter and is engaging the attention of the Government, but I am not yet in a position to make any statement on the subject.