§ MR. EMMOTT (Oldham)
0n behalf of the right hon. Member for South Aberdeen, I beg to ask the Secretary to the Board of Education whether, having regard to the interest felt in the case of the British school at Shaw, in Lancashire, and to the importance of the question which has arisen in relation to it, he will state, before the prorogation of Parliament, the decision at which the Board of Education has arrived in the case of this school.
§ THE PARLIAMENTARY SECRETARY TO THE BOARD OF EDUCATION (Sir WILLIAM ANSON,) Oxford University
The public inquiry at Shaw, which occupied two days, was only completed on July 28th. The case raised many points for consideration on report. I hope to receive the Report of the Commissioner in the course of the day. The Board will deal with the question as quickly as possible, but I am afraid that I cannot promise that a decision will be arrived at before the prorogation of Parliament.