HC Deb 14 July 1903 vol 125 c571

To ask the Secretary of State for War if it is possible for Militia and Volunteer officers to get pass school certificates without going through the course at a London barracks.

(Answered by Mr. Secretary Brodrick.) Militia and Volunteer officers can obtain a pass school certificate at schools other than that at Chelsea Barracks. There are schools for Infantry officers at Glasgow and Edinburgh, and others will be formed as required. Artillery officers can obtain certificates at the schools of instruction at Leith, Golden Hill, Sheerness, and Plymouth, and Engineers at the School of Military Engineering, Chatham.