HC Deb 30 June 1902 vol 110 cc304-5
SIR HOWARD VINCENT (Sheffield, Central)

I beg to ask the Secretary of State for War if it is proposed to constitute a Court or Commission of Claims for the adjudication of the claims for indemnity in respect of losses sustained by the operations of war by loyal British subjects in and connected with South Africa, similar to that held in the case of foreigners in the Transvaal and Orange colonies.

THE SECRETARY of STATE for WAR (Mr. BRODKICK,) Surrey, Guildford

All claims for losses go before the same Boards in South Africa, whether they emanate from British or foreign subjects. The Court which sat in 1901 in London dealt with the cases of foreigners deported from South Africa who were unable to appear before the Boards sitting in that country.


Is any Board sitting at, the present time in South Africa?


Arrangements arc being made to deal with the cases as rapidly as possible.