§ MR. ROCHE (Galway, E.)
I beg to ask the Chief Secretary to the Lord? Lieutenant of Ireland whether, having regard to the fact that the Government have already consented to give a grant of £12,000 in aid of the reconstruction; of the Birr and Portumna Line, and that the International Railway Corporation have offered to spend £12,000 more in its reconstruction, if necessary, and also to equip and work the line, he will i allow the line to be re-opened.
§ MR. WYNDHAM
As already stated by me, the proposals of the International Railway Corporation have been brought by the Irish Government before the Treasury, who did not see their way to hold out any expectation that they will consent to a grant of £12,000 in aid of the reconstruction of the line.