§ Resolutions reported from the Committee:—
- 1. "That, in the case of the North British Railway Bill, Petition for additional Provision, the Standing Orders ought to be dispensed with:—That the parties be permitted to introduce their additional Provision, if the Committee on the Bill think fit."
- 2. "That, in the case of the Barry Railway, Petition for Bill, the Standing
1058 Orders ought to be dispensed with:—That the parties be permitted to proceed with their Bill."
- 3. "That, in the case of the West and South London Junction Railway Bill [Lords], the Standing Orders ought to be dispensed with:—That the parties be permitted to proceed with their Bill, provided that the following Clause be inserted:—
- Nothing in this Act shall authorise the West and South London Junction Railway Company to enter upon, take, or use (except by agreement) any cellar or vault in or under any street belonging to or connected with any building, or the sub-soil under such cellar or vault, unless such cellar or vault, or the building with which it is connected, is described in the deposited books of reference.
- And also a Clause to the effect that they shall not take or use (except by agreement) not only the cellars or vaults belonging to or occupied by the memorialists. His Grace the Duke of Northumberland, K.G., the Right Hon. the Lord Iveagh, K.P., the Hon. William Frederick Danvers Smith, M.P., but also the sub-soil under such cellars or vaults.
- That the Committee on the Bill do report how far such Order has been complied with."
§ Resolutions agreed to.