§ Motion made, and question proposed, "That this House will, upon Monday next, resolve into Committee on the Bill."
§ MR. DILLON (Mayo, E.)
We have been waiting here night after night watching this Bill, and many hon. Members interested in it are leaving for Ire- 780 land. I do wish the Attorney General for Ireland would put it down for some day after Easter, to enable those who lost their chance of speaking on the second reading to have a reasonable debate upon it. I put it to the Attorney General that it is very unfair to bring it on in this way.
§ MR. ATKINSON
I propose putting it down for Monday. I should be very reluctant to put it off until after Easter. I hope the hon. Member will consent to that course.
§ MR. DILLON
Our experience goes to show that there is very little chance of reaching it on Monday, and the Attorney General gives us no pledge that it will be taken upon that day.
§ MR. SWIFT MACNEILL (Donegal, S.)
The chances are that the Bill will not come on for discussion on Monday. We do not want to block the Bill, and perhaps the right hon. Gentleman will give us the assurance that he will put this Bill off until after Easter.
§ MR. DALY (Monaghan, S.)
The Second Reading of this Bill came on last Thursday night, and we had not a fair opportunity of considering it. As the right hon. Gentleman got the Second Reading through without opposition, I hope he will agree to what we ask him to do.
§ Mr. SPEAKER
having ascertained by the preponderance of voices that the majority of the House desired that the Committee should be deferred till Monday next, Committee deferred accordingly till Monday next.