HC Deb 23 March 1900 vol 81 cc170-1
MR. HARWOOD (Bolton)

I beg to ask the Under Secretary of State for War if any steps can be taken by the Govern- ment to encourage the settlement of retired soldiers in South Africa after the war is ended.


It would, in the opinion of the Government, be premature to discuss this question at present.