HC Deb 30 July 1900 vol 87 c20

I beg to ask the Under Secretary of State for War whether, if an officer invalided home from the seat of war requires the attention of specialists while in a military hospital in England, it is the rule that such advice has to be obtained and paid for by the officer himself or his relatives.


If the medical officer in charge of a patient is of opinion that the assistance of a specialist is required, the cost would be borne by War Department funds.