HC Deb 02 May 1889 vol 335 cc992-3

I have to intimate to the House that I have received the Return of the Writ for the election of a Member for Central Birmingham, and therein I find that the gentleman returned is by a clerical error described as Albert John Bright, whereas I understand his name is John Albert Bright; I have to ask if any hon. Member can certify from his personal knowledge that this is so?

VISCOUNT WOLMER (Hants,) Petersfield

I can certify from my personal knowledge that the name of the gentleman returned for Central Birmingham is John Albert Bright.


The Clerk of the Crown will make the necessary correction, and I will then ask the hon. Member to come to the Table.