HC Deb 17 November 1884 vol 293 c1827

asked the Financial Secretary to the Treasury, Whether, having regard to the fact that the plans for the Science and Art Museum have, with certain modifications, been approved of by the Science and Art Department, as well as by the Board of Works in Ireland, there is any reason why the Treasury should delay their sanction to the working drawings being prepared, and the contracts entered into?


said, that steps would be taken to commence the foundations that day week.