§ Mr. Spellar
The chief executive has been set the following key targets for 1997–1998:
- 1. To maintain the staying on rate at school for S4 to S5 at a minimum of 68 per cent. based on a three-year trend.
- 2. To maintain the percentage of pupils obtaining at least five credit awards at standard grade at 2 per cent. above the average for all Scottish presentations, based on a three-year trend.
- 3. To maintain a percentage of the presentations at higher grades achieving A to C at least equal to the Scottish average based on three-year trend.
- 4. To complete the review in all 5–14 subjects by March 1998 in the second phase of planning and development of the 5–14 national programme.
- 5. To complete the audit requirement for learning support throughout the whole school and modify the school development plan accordingly.
- 6. To implement measures resulting from the audit of teaching and learning in S4 and S5/S6.
- 7. To continue with the dynamic programme of measures to ensure a satisfactory report from the welfare inspector required by the Children(Scotland) Act 1995.
- 8. To prepare appropriate senior staff in the process of conducting individual teacher staff appraisal coupled with subject reviews for introduction by March 1999.
- 9. To have successfully completed the second phase of admission of girls by March 1998.
- 10. To implement recommendations of the prep working group by March 1998.
- 11. To achieve pupil per capita cost of £17,420 by March 1998.
- 12. To generate commercial income to the school of £20,000 per annum.