HC Deb 14 December 1987 vol 124 cc362-3W
Mr. Fearn

To ask the Secretary of State for the Environment if he has any plans to issue guidelines or increase funding to local authorities in order to establish definitive maps of footpaths and rights of way in their areas.

Mr. Moynihan

No. The Department's circular 1/83 on public rights of way already provides comprehensive guidance on these procedures. The allocation of resources for this work is for individual surveying authorities to decide in the light of the relevant circumstances within their area.